Windsor Business Enhancement Society (WBES)
Youth Summer Employment Opportunity 2019 – Job Description for Green Team Intern
The youth(s) considered for hiring must be:
- Youth between the ages of 15 -30.
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
This is a program to employ youth to maintain clean parks, common areas, and streets in the downtown of Windsor. He/she will also tend to waterfront/park clean-ups, care of foliage and green spaces. Each youth is provided with a three-wheel bicycle, a safety helmet, and a cart with necessary equipment.
Responsibilities will include:
- In conjunction with the landscaping team:
- Maintain the Star Brides’ Park and other mini parks in Downtown Windsor. This will include: weeding, litter pick up, edging, fertilizing and planting of annuals.
- Maintain the two Welcome to Windsor signs and surrounding green spaces.
- Monitor garbage bins in the downtown and waterfront areas.
- Represent the W.B.E.S at the Friday night Waterfront Concert Series by attending, delivering payment to the bands performing, capturing photos of the event and communicating with the WBES concert sub committee.
- In conjunction with the WBES maintain and develop the local business directory. This will include collection of data from local business and input of data on the website.
- Act as an ambassador for the businesses in downtown Windsor by talking to customers, citizens and visitors about the importance of maintaining a clean and safe downtown and of recycling our garbage.
June 17 – August 9 2019 (start and end dates are flexible) $12 per hour, 35 hours per week, for 8 weeks total.
Monday to Friday – may require some weekends
Supervisors: Michelle Jodrey, Adrienne Wood, Mattea Tracey
Able to ride bike; some experience in horticulture and photography an asset but not mandatory; good self-direction and time management; WHIMIS an asset; computer skills; PR knowledge and skills, grant research.
Submit resume by 4PM on Friday, May 24, 2019:
By email to: email@example.com
By mail to: WBES, PO Box 2499, Windsor, NS B0N 2T0
By hand delivery to: Mosaic Market, 141 Water Street, Windsor
If you have any questions about this position, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org